Tutorial on how to do this tweening effect, like in this post.
How to cut out an image like this.
- Open up your photo as usual. [x]
- Use Topaz if you’d like. [x]
- Set a gradient map of a grey color to a white or whatever you think looks best. [x]
- Make a new layer. [x]
- Use a paint brush stroke brush over the eyes. [x]
(You can find some brushes here.)
- Then set the layer to soft light and you’re done! [x]
How to make a “Falling Objects” image like this:
*Edit: I was told by the original editor, use Topaz to your favorite settings and her PSD is from gottabeboobear. If you use something like #12, the white fill layer isn’t necessary. (:
Here it is! You’re welcome (:
- First make your gif. My gif tutorial is here. Make sure the dimensions are 500x332.
- Now make a new fill layer of white. [x]
- Set the fill to 60% in the layer pallet and opacity to 35% [x]
- Click the marquee button. Change the setting from Normal to Fixed size. The Fixed size for across the top will be Width: 500px Height: 10px [x]
- Make a new layer and click the upper left hand corner of the gif. Fill in the selection on the new layer. [x]
- Do that for the bottom, too. Now that those are done, go back to the marquee and flip the Height and Width. Height: 500px Width: 10px [x]
- Now you’ll have something that looks like this [x]
- Set it to Soft Light [x]
Here’s the finished product:
Make a gif inside of a gif tutorial.
Okay, I made one, but it’s completely horrid. I’m sure it would look better if you had better pictures than I did.
First, open the picture you’re going to use for your background photo. On a 500x500 canvas. I used this one (x)
Apply a gradient map of #4a3440 to #b35055
Size your next picture to 300x125 and apply it (x)
Add another gradient map of #6b5458 to #db7173 and create a mask so it only shows on the smaller picture.
Add a white line below that photo that is 300x3
Select your next picture, resize it to 300x180 and apply it (x)
Duplicate that picture, set it to lighten, and move it over until it presents a somewhat blurry effect. I set mine to 30% because my pictures were terrible quality. (x)
Add another gradient map of #605856 to #f7e8cb and also map it to where it’s only on the bottom picture.
Add textures, I got mine from here. And add on some text in Times New Roman.
Here is the final result!